From Independence Blue Cross & Amerihealth: Individual customers will receive a communication to prepare for open enrollment this week Independence Blue Cross (Independence) will be sending letters to individual customers to remind them about 2015 Open Enrollment dates, inform them how they can prepare now, and let them know we will send additional details in the coming weeks. Each letter will include a list of upcoming health insurance meetings they can attend, along with a card that will make it easier for them to keep track of their enrollment information. These letters will include the agent’s name and phone number, and encourage individuals to contact their agent with questions.
Individual customers will be asked to do the following:
1. Make sure you can access your account – To avoid any issues on November 15, make sure that you can log in to your Marketplace account now. We have included your application ID in the upper right -hand corner of the letter for your reference. If you have any trouble, you can call the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596.
2. Prepare financial documents and health care budget – For plans purchased on the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (Marketplace), the government will be providing subsidies to lower monthly health insurance premiums and reduce out-of-pocket costs. Members will need their estimated household income to apply for a subsidy.
3. Get ready to shop – It is important that customers have the most up-to-date Web browser, if they plan to shop online. Popular Internet browsers include Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. Customers can easily download the latest version of any of these browsers.
4. Verify contact information – Members can update their contact information to include their mobile phone number and email address at www.ibx4you.com/myinfo to stay informed during open enrollment and get reminders about critical deadlines.
5. Register for a meeting – Customers can register for an in-person informational seminar or webinar to learn more about what to expect during the 2015 open enrollment period. We encourage you to reinforce these messages with your customers that are currently enrolled in an individual medically underwritten plan or one that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
6. Notification of plan discontinuation This pre-open enrollment communication will also inform PPO Silver Reserve members and Catastrophic PPO members that have turned or will turn 30 by January 1, 2015, that their current plan will not be available in 2015. Medically underwritten members will also get a reminder that their plan will expire on Decmeber 31, 2014. Customers will be advised that 2015 plan options and rates will be sent closer to the start of open enrollment.
Please contact your Total Benefit Solutions account manager if you have any questions or concerns about your health insurance enrollment. We can be reached at (215)355-2121 or toll free at (800)924-6718.