Communications to new and renewing HSA customers
Customers preparing to migrate to the new platform recently received information about IBC’s new integrated Bank of America HSA. For January 1, 2014, effective dates, new IBC customers and customers who have renewed their QHDHP or newly selected one, will receive a packet by December 31 to help them easily manage the transition to the new Bank of America HSA. It includes:
- a cover letter about account setup and employer contributions
- an HSA Employer Portal User Access Request Form for small group and mid-market and larger groups to request access to make HSA contributions via ibxpress.com
- an FAQ with details about transitioning to the new HSA
- a service agreement with terms and conditions
Your customers renewing later in 2014 will receive their HSA communications package about two weeks prior to their renewal date. We will also provide your customers with new guides to help them quickly set up HSA contributions and get spending account activity reports.
Communications to members with an HSA
As a reminder, members enrolled in a QHDHP must have a new Bank of America account in order to use ibxpress.com to access convenient new account management features for their HSA.
Members whose employers offer them the option to manually enroll in the HSA will receive a letter, FAQ, and brochure about one week to 10 days after we process their open enrollment information with:
- details about their HSA options
- instructions on opening an HSA with Bank of America
- information on transferring funds from an existing HSA to their Bank of America account
Members whose employer automatically enrolls them in the HSA will receive both a welcome kit and debit card directly from Bank of America.
Please refer to our Product Enhancements Brochure to learn more about our BlueSaverSM Health Spending Account Solutions.
We look forward to working with you in 2014 to continue to deliver innovative products and capabilities to meet your customers’ needs in the new health care environment.