Health insurance is vital for your well-being, providing financial protection and access to essential healthcare. But it’s not a one-time decision. Did you know that reviewing your health insurance plan annually is crucial to ensure it still fits your needs and budget? In this blog, we’ll explore why this check-up is essential and provide key enrollment dates. Plus, we’re here to assist you every step of the way!
Why an Annual Review Matters:
- Life Changes: In a year, much can change. Marriage, parenthood, job shifts, and health changes can impact your healthcare needs and coverage requirements.
- Plan Changes: Health insurance plans change yearly. Premiums, deductibles, copays, and covered services may shift. What worked last year might not be best this year.
- Network Changes: Your plan’s provider network can change too. Confirm that your preferred doctors, hospitals, and specialists are still in-network to avoid unexpected costs.
Let’s talk about the enrollment dates you need to remember:
- Open Enrollment Period: For most, it’s from November 1st to December 15th in the US. During this time, you can explore new plans, make changes, or enroll for the first time.
- Special Enrollment Periods: Life events like marriage, having a child, or losing coverage can trigger a Special Enrollment Period, allowing plan changes outside regular open enrollment.
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Period: If you have Medicare, mark October 15th to December 7th for reviewing and adjusting your coverage.
How We Can Help:
Navigating health insurance can be complex, but you’re not alone. Our expert team is ready to assist you in reviewing your plan, understanding options, and making informed decisions that align with your needs and budget.
We’re committed to providing exceptional support, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to our dedicated Total Benefit Solutions health insurance specialists at (215)-355-2121. We’re here to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have.