The Department of Labor (DOL) and its reporting agencies require employers to communicate certain information to their employees. In some cases, the DOL mandates notices to be posted in the workplace. Posting requirements vary based on the size of employer.
The following information is required to be posted, depending on business and employer size:
- Job Safety and Health Protection (OSHA)
- Equal Opportunity Is the Law
- Fair Labor Standards Act (minimum wage)
- Employee Right for Workers with Disabilities (special minimum wage)
- Family and Medical Leave Act Rights
- Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights
- Federal Construction Project Notice
- Government Contract Notice
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Migrant and Seasonal Worker Act
- Notification of Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws
Electronic copies of the required posters are available for downloading by clicking here.
Some of the posters are available in Spanish for employers with a Spanish-speaking population.
Employers may wish to consult the Department of Labor website to determine if they are communicating all required information.