COVID-19 vaccines are an important step in helping to lessen the spread of the disease. While many adult New Yorkers have been vaccinated, vaccination rates among children remain relatively low. To encourage pediatric vaccination, we are offering New York-situs subscribers whose dependents are enrolled in a fully insured UnitedHealthcare or Oxford plan a $100 pre-paid Target Gift Card. The New York Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccination Reward program is in effect May 5, 2022 through October 1, 2022.
Criteria for the New York UnitedHealthcare and Oxford Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccination Reward program
- Dependent child(ren) must be enrolled on an active subscriber’s New York UnitedHealthcare or Oxford fully insured plan.
- Dependent must be eligible for the pediatric COVID-19 vaccine—aged 5 through 17 per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Dependent must receive the primary series of COVID-19 vaccinations (2 doses) with the second dose being administered on or after May 5, 2022, and before end-of-day on October 1, 2022.
- Subscribers and eligible dependents do not need to live in New York but must be actively enrolled on a New York-situs UnitedHealthcare or Oxford commercial small group or large group fully insured plan at the time of the second dose of the pediatric vaccination.
How the program works
- There is no action required of the subscriber other than ensuring their eligible dependent’s pediatric COVID-19 vaccination course, with the second dose to be given according to the program timeline above, and they must show their health plan ID card to the vaccine provider.
- The gift card will be mailed to the subscriber’s address and should be received 8-to- 12 weeks after we receive the dependent’s claim for the second dose of the vaccine.
- There is no additional cost to the subscriber for participation. The program is included as part of UnitedHealthcare and Oxford medical plans.
- Recipients may redeem their gift card toward the purchase of merchandise on Target.com or at a Target retail location of their choice.
We are sending a similar communication to those clients for whom we have an email address. Please make your eligible clients aware of this new member reward program. You may use the attached sample client email, client-to-employee email and informational member flier to facilitate outreach. Also be sure to include the appropriate Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccination Reward Rider based on your client’s line of business.
The CDC remains the best resource for COVID-19 vaccine information. For COVID-19 vaccine coverage details and help finding vaccine resources, go to www.uhc.com/COVID-19vaccines. UnitedHealthcare and Oxford members with questions about the New York Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccination Reward program may call us at the toll-free number on their health plan ID card.