In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, CVS Health announced a series of steps designed to support the health and well-being of your clients Aetna members, ensure patient access to medication, and remove barriers to care.
Effective immediately, your clients small group members will have access to the following resources:
• Co-pays for members will be waived for all diagnostic testing related to COVID-19. This policy will cover the test kit for patients who meet CDC guidelines for testing, which can be done in any approved laboratory location. Aetna will waive the member costs associated with diagnostic testing at any authorized location for all small group business.
• For the next 90 days, Aetna will offer zero co-pay telemedicine visits for any reason. Aetna members should use telemedicine as their first line of defense in order to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Cost sharing will be waived for all video visits through the CVS MinuteClinic app, Aetna-covered Teladoc offerings and in-network providers delivering synchronous virtual care (live video-conferencing) for all small group plan designs.
• CVS Pharmacy will waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications. With the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention encouraging people at higher risk for COVID-19 complications to stay at home as much as possible, this is a convenient option to avoid coming to the pharmacy for refills or new prescriptions.
• Aetna offers 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions and will waive early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications for all small group members.
• Through Aetna’s Healing Better program, members who are diagnosed with COVID-19 will receive a care package containing CVS over-the-counter medications to help relieve symptoms. The package will also include personal and household cleaning supplies to help keep others in the home protected from potential exposure.
• Through existing care management programs, Aetna will proactively reach out to members most at-risk for COVID-19. Care managers will walk members through what they can do to protect themselves, where to get information on the virus, and where to go to get tested.
Questions or concerns about this notice? Please reach out to your Total Benefit Solutions, Inc benefit specialist at (215)355-2121